Sunday, February 3, 2013

Promising New Root Growth on Half-Rootless Brassidium


Besides the two new growths, my Brassidium, which was half rootless when I repotted it, is putting out new, healthy roots from the older ones, which I thought to be dead. I saw a few of these when I repotted it about two weeks to a month ago. This orchid plant has had a long journey. After it bloomed, I repotted it into a pot that was way too big (newbie mistake). Then, after a while, I took the plant out, only to find that most of its roots had rotted away. When I cut them, about half were left. I repotted it into a new pot. It started to grow new growths and new roots soon after. Then, one morning at 3 am, it fell on to the floor and fell out of its pot, so I repotted it again. Now it is in a small pot but doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment